Engineering Manufacturing Manager
Kelso, Scottish Borders
- Starting at £42,000 per annum
- Flexible or part time hours negotiable
- A mix of home and office-based working to suit the candidate
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Health Insurance
- Electric car scheme
- Bike to work scheme
Scotmas Group are seeking an Engineering Manufacturing Manager
You will take overall responsibility for a multidisciplinary team of 12 mechanical, electrical and fabrication professionals, working to build and customise innovative water disinfection equipment to our customer base around the world.
You will need strong project management and communication skills to ensure on time and on cost delivery to a demanding client base. You need to be able to balance a number of competing priorities, and to communicate clearly and openly with suppliers, internal stakeholders and customers as needed.
You must be a people person, sensitive to the day to day and development needs of your team. You will also need the experience to lead the team to their full potential by gathering and reviewing data on working practices, productivity and quality control conformance. As a part of our Senior Management Team, you will have the leadership qualities needed to implement change where needed.
Our company has already achieved, and is projecting 20% average year on year growth for the next 3 years. This role is a critical part of these expansion plans, and you will need the passion and drive to lead our manufacturing team through these exciting changes.
Reporting to the Directors as part of the Senior Management Team, you will add value by taking on responsibility for the following areas
- Working with Floor Supervisors, Commercial and Procurement teams to ensure the on time and on budget manufacture and delivery of a range of standard water treatment equipment
- Work closely with our Technical Team to deliver high-value customised projects to a demanding base of multi-national clients, utility companies and engineering procurement contractors
- Leverage ERP systems to deliver on demanding financial targets to maximise production efficiency
- Closely monitor supply chain and resource utilisation, and use Project Management software to clearly and accurately report on estimated delivery times and risks
- Take overall responsibility for the safe and efficient running of the engineering production area, and champion a 5S approach to lean production.
- Ensure that operations remain aligned with ISO9000, 14001 and 45001 quality, environmental and safety standards, taking on responsibility for following up any audit findings
- Maintain and update risk assessments and ensure that all practical and applicable control measures are implemented and followed
- Effectively manage personnel requirements across the team, and ensure that personal development plans are completed and maintained for the team
- Develop and deliver improvement programmes to deliver business process improvements in line with assigned actions on the company strategic growth plan
You should also have demonstrable experience leading and improving a skilled team to deliver consistently high performance as people management is a key part of this role. To achieve the strategic plans for the business you will need excellent prioritisation skills, high energy, clear focus, a positive ‘can do’ attitude and be calm under pressure.
As part of our Senior Management Team, you will work with other Department Heads to identify and share areas of best practice, problem solve, and improve the overall efficiency and working environment of the business
What about you?
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplined manufacturing or engineering team
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Experience in maximising the potential of others including development and performance management
- Knowledge & understanding of project management techniques including Gantt Charts and Agile project management
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean 5S
- PC Literate (Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, Dynamics ERP systems, or similar packages)
- IOSH Managing Safely, NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Professional Qualification e.g. ILM, Lean Six Sigma
- Prior experience in implementing continuous improvement & lean manufacturing techniques
- AutoCAD knowledge and experience
Scotmas Group: www.scotmas.com
Mission: We keep people and the environment safe. We believe that you can effectively control disease and dangerous microorganisms without damaging the environment.
Values: You can expect us to demonstrate innovation, passion and openness to new ideas in everything that we do.
Scotmas is a high growth, innovation led Scottish business working to deliver water treatment, hygiene and environmental care technologies to markets around the World. We are an ambitious, growing and outward looking organisation, and look for the same characteristics in our people.